Personal information is essential for running any organization successfully, but more important, is the handling of this information. At Sterling Bank, we respect individuals’ rights to privacy and the protection of personal information.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we collect online and at our physical locations, why the Bank receives such information, how the data is protected, and third parties with whom such information may be shared. “Personal information” means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information (either by itself or when it is combined with other information).
Please read our Privacy Notice carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect or otherwise handle your personal information on our website and other applications.
This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) applies to all personal information processing activities carried out by Sterling Bank Plc. Sterling Bank is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business (including the products and services that we provide). In this Notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Sterling Bank while “you” and “your” means any business customer (a sole trader, company or partnership) or partner (suppliers or other organisations we do business with). Where an account, product or service has more than one holder, owner or signatory, “you” or “your” can refer to any, both or all of you.
Our principal address is 20 Marina Street, Lagos Island, Lagos.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When visiting or registering on our website, blog, online banking applications or conducting financial transactions at our physical locations, you would be required to provide personal information such as:
• Personal details (e.g. name, date of birth, passport information or other identification information)
• Contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number);
• Biometric information (e.g. voice recognition when you call our call centre, as well as facial recognition for certain products)
• Transactional details (e.g. payments you make and receive)
• Financial information (e.g. bank account number, debit card numbers, financial history) including information you provide to deliver payment initiation services and account information services regarding accounts you hold with other providers
• Information about your family, lifestyle and social circumstances (such as dependents, marital status, next of kin and contact details);
• Information about any other Sterling Bank products and services you currently have, you have applied for, or you have previously held.
• Education and employment information;
• Visual images and personal appearance (such as copies of passports or CCTV images);
• Online profile and social media information and activity, based on your interaction with us and our websites and applications, including for example your banking profile and login information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, smart device information, location coordinates, online and mobile banking security authentication, mobile phone network information, searches, and site visits.
We may also process specific categories of information for specific and limited purposes, such as detecting and preventing financial crime or making our services available to customers. We will only treat particular types of information where we have obtained your explicit consent or are otherwise lawfully permitted to do so.