Jumpstart your career, and get a chance to make meaningful contributions!
Here at Sterling, we understand that young professionals are vital to the future of banking. Therefore, we offer a number of exciting opportunities for undergraduates and graduates (Pre-NYSC) to gain an insight into the corporate world. Our internship programs provide exciting opportunities for young professionals across various fields to build a career in any of our business teams, by gaining practical knowledge of core business functions and processes from invaluable on-the-job experience.
About the Program
The Sterling Internship Programs offer highly motivated individuals a great opportunity to gain industry experience, test drive a career in financial services, and be exposed to the great stuff we do at Sterling Bank. It also allows you to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience into the Bank while you improve your skills in a diverse environment.
Beyond the opportunities for learning, our interns get to work with some of the best people in the industry, and are exposed to real life business projects, transactions, and company initiatives. In addition to developing technical skills and experience, our internship programs provide interns with opportunities to develop interpersonal skills by networking with other interns, current employees and clients.
Check out stories from our past interns on the exciting experience they’ve had with us
We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. So, we promote equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to apply. Our aim is to attract the best talents in the World and give all interns a great experience to build their careers on.
Our internships are in four categories;
The Young Talent program is designed for students in their penultimate year of study and are interested in Work Placement as part of their degree. It is also suited for graduates who are awaiting National Youth Service placement. It is intended to provide exemplary young talents with an opportunity to build an early career through exposure to meaningful work that offers opportunities to gain valuable experience. For us, it presents an opportunity to influence the development of talent in our environment. We offer all young talents great learning opportunities through practical work experience with various seasoned professionals.
For interested candidates that may have completed the NYSC program, please check out our Graduate Trainee (link) program instead.
To be a part of the Young Talent internship, applicants must not be older than 25 at the time of application, with a minimum CGPA of 3.5/5 0r 5.0/7.0.
• Applications for the Young Talent, Women in Banking and Tech-Talent Internship are open all year round and as advertised.
• Applications for the Summer Associate Internship opens May every year, and runs from July to September.
• All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period.
• Applicants are required to provide a letter of recommendation from their course advisor, head lecturer or professor.
• Selection is based on vacancies, performance, availability for a minimum period of 3 months, with a maximum period of 6 months
• Multiple applications will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Internships are not open to Corps members. However, Corps members may apply for the Sterling Graduate Trainee program after the completion of the NYSC program.