Our investment plans are guaranteed to give you good value for your money.
At Sterling, we apply a holistic approach in designing the right investment portfolio for you. We want to know where you are coming from as well as where you are headed. Whether you would like to actively self-manage your own portfolio, or you would like our team of portfolio managers to do so on your behalf, we have a variety of investment products ranging from equities, structured products, to fixed income instruments available for you to choose from.
Sterling Recurring Deposit Account
We like people with dreams but we love people who go out and make those dreams happen. So, what’s that thing you have been dreaming about and want to save towards? A new car? Further education? A fancy vacation? Let the Sterling Recurring Deposit Account aid your purposeful, incremental saving while you earn amazing interest.
- • High interest rates.
- • Minimum initial contribution of N5,000.
- • Subsequent monthly contributions in multiples of N5,000.
- • Unlimited number of monthly contributions.
- • Contributions can be made through standing order instructions, post-dated cheques, cash deposits or e-transfers.
- • The account can be opened for children.
- • Completed account opening form.
- • Int’l passport, driver’s license or national ID card.
- • One recent passport photograph.
- • A utility bill issued within the last 3 months.
Discounted Certificate Deposit
Sterling Bank’s Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a type of security representing the bank deposit; it is a bank’s obligation towards the holder of the CD to fulfill all the terms and conditions incorporated in the CD.
Discount CDs are sold at a discount off their nominal amount and upon expiry of the term, the client receives the amount equal to the nominal amount. The difference between the nominal amount and the purchase amount is the interest earned by the client.
This is an investment account with a defined rate of interest for a certain period of time usually not less than 30 days.
- • Negotiable and competitive rates
- • Interest is paid at full maturity
- • Investment is renewable on maturity
- • Prompt receipt of investment advice
- • Must be a farmer with verifiable investment in the enterprise of interest
- • Ability to bear the cost of agricultural insurance cover by NAIC
- • Must have a current account for the servicing of loan interest
- • Should provide acceptable collateral in the form of landed property with adequate title, shares, life assurance policy, or third party guarantee supported by assets (for requests over N1million)
- • Activities to be sponsored MUST be during the season and within the list of eligible enterprises
- • Insurance policy by the Bank’s nominated insurance company on all assets purchased, noting Sterling Bank as first loss payee beneficiary
- • Maximum Credit: N1m for Individual and N10m for Corporate and Cooperative Societies
- • Maximum Tenor: 2 years (inclusive of moratorium)
- • Pricing: Commercial rate
Our Call Deposit is a flexible instrument that allows you save and earn interest while having access to your funds should you be in urgent need of cash. Idle funds can be placed on overnight call, 7-day call or 14-day call.
- • Easily accessible
- • No minimum initial deposit
- • Statement of Transaction available on request
- • Please note that this product is subject to 10% withholding tax
- • Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL) Guarantee of 75%.
- • 20% of the tractor value will be contributed by the benefiting operator as equity. This would be deposited in the savings account and put on lien throughout the loan period.
- • Bank’s funding of the tractor is 100%.
Doubble is an automated investment platform that allows you invest at your convenience and get back up to 200% over a period. With Doubble, you choose to invest either in one contribution (lump sum) or monthly contributions which could be for the duration of 3 years (36 months) or 5 years (60 months). All payouts are paid monthly in equal installments to you or any beneficiary of your choice. Ready to watch your money grow? Choose your variant and let us do the magic.
I-Invest is a mobile application which allows current and aspiring investors purchase securities and treasury related instruments without the aid of a broker. In addition, the application provides a UI dashboard to track diverse investment portfolios, provide a convenient way for retail investors to save money whilst earning attractive interest rates and allow retail investors to help fund infrastructure projects in Nigeria whilst earning an income.