Sterling Bank’s Payment Gateway Service -PAYON is a one-stop solution that enables businesses accept payments online.
With PAYON you can accept payments from your customers whether you have a website or not.
PayON: Your business. Your way.
PAYON is designed to meet the needs of all business sizes- Small, Medium, or Large. With features like:
- Extensive payment modes- USSD, Cards, Bank transfer etc.
- Easy API integrations and
- Mobile & Web integration support PAYON is poised to outperform security and performance benchmarks.
Another exciting part of PAYON is that your business does not need to have a website to use the service. We have made this possible through the provision of Payment links to enable you accept payments from your customers.
Accept All Payment Modes with zero setup/integration fees.
With setup and integration at no cost, PAYON provides the most extensive set of payment methods with several payment options including cards (local and international), USSD, QR and Account-based payment options.
Powerful Dashboard & 247 Customer Service
With PAYON, you have access to an interactive dashboard that enables you monitor your transactions. You can also generate invoices for payments received from your customers with our automatic invoicing feature. All of these and more are available, with round-the-clock customer service support.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Owning a Sterling Bank corporate account
- Completed documentation (Anti-money laundering form)
- Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
Over 10 payment methods: Cards, QR, USSD, Bank Transfers and other African regional payment methods like Mpesa, Mobile Money Ghana, etc.
PayOn accepts payments in NGN, USD, Canadian Dollars, British Pounds and Euros. However, merchants will be required to meet certain requirements as advised by your Relationship Manager to accept payments in foreign currencies
- Local transactions: One day after the transaction.
- International transactions: Five days after the transaction.
PayOn supports self on-boarding. Please click here to sign up, and commence integration immediately.
Yes, PayOn caters to several categories of customers. For merchants without websites, they can generate a payment link and send to your customers for payments.
All the required transactions details are accessible from the “transactions” tab on the dashboard.
- Integration fee: Free
- Local/Domestic transactions: 1.5% of transaction value capped at N2,000.
- International transactions: 3.7% of transaction value.
(Please note that these pricing can be negotiated, based on transaction volumes and can be reviewed from time to time).
Disputes are resolved via the standard chargeback process where the payer’s bank communicates to Sterling bank on your behalf for the dispute to be resolved effectively.
There is an efficient support structure in place. We have a dedicated Customer Success team (firstname.lastname@example.org) available to respond to all queries you have. We also create a dedicated Skype or Slack channel for ease collaboration during and after integration process.
The additional features highlighted below will be of immense value to your business:
- Invoice generation facility: This enables you to create invoices with a payment link attached. Your customers can pay you immediately through the link once they get the invoice.
- Sales Mode: You can input cash payments you receive into your dashboard. This will give you a view of all payments made.
- Recurring payment capabilities: This enables you accept payments at regular
Let us support your business
To get your business running on PayOn and for more information on what our solution can do for your business, please fill the form below. Our business banking consultant will be in-touch with you shortly.