Notice of 50th Annual General Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 5oth Annual General Meeting of Sterling Bank Plc will be held at the Lagoon Restaurant, 1C, Ozumba Mbadiwe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, on Tuesday, the 15th day of May, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. to transact the following business:
- To receive the Audited Financial Statements for the period ended 31st December, 2011, together with the Reports of the Directors, Auditors, and the Audit Committee thereon.
- To declare a Dividend.
- To elect/re-elect Directors.
- To approve the remuneration of the Directors.
- To authorise the Directors to fix the remuneration of the Auditors.
- To elect members of the Audit Committee.
To consider, and if thought fit, to pass the following resolution as Ordinary Resolution:
- (a) “That Captain Harrison Kuti who retires by rotation, and in addition, has attained the age of 70 years, and having disclosed this fact to the Company in accordance with Section 256 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (Cap C20, Laws of Federation of Nigeria) and being eligible and willing to continue, offers himself for re-appointment as a Director of the Company”
(b) “That Mr. Musibau Fashanu who has attained the age of 70 years, and having disclosed this fact to the Company in accordance with Section 256 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (Cap C20, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria) and being eligible and willing to continue, offers himself for re-appointment as a Director of the Company”
A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his stead. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. To be valid, a completed and duly stamped Proxy form must be deposited at the office of the Registrar, Sterling Registrars Limited, Akuro House (8th Floor), 24, Campbell Street, Lagos, no less than 48 hours prior to the time of the meeting.
Dated this 12th day of April, 2012
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
If approved, dividend warrants of 10 kobo for every share of 50 kobo will be posted on the 18th of May, 2012 to shareholders whose names are registered in the Register of Members at the close of business on 27th April, 2012, while shareholders who have provided relevant accounts will be credited same day.
- Closure of Register of Members
The Register of Members and Transfer Books will be closed from 30th April, 2012 to 4th May, 2012 (both dates inclusive), to enable the Registrar prepare for payment of dividend.
- Audit Committee
In accordance with Section 359(5) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2004, any shareholder may nominate a shareholder for appointment to the Audit Committee. Such nomination should be in writing, and should reach the Company Secreatary at least, twenty-one (21) days before the Annual General Meeting.